ToDaY's PoEtRy

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 , Posted by Parth Barot at 4:01 PM

If I could do what I wished to do

I would be happier than most of you
But since I have to do what I am ASKED to do
I am cribbing like a monkey
at a zoo

I know I have just ONE life to live
There is little I get for what I give
I can’t have the cake (coke) and eat (drink) it too
I am cribbing like a monkey at a zoo

Childhood was a dream until teenage woke me up
High school grades dragged me to the cold water tub
College was a fun and horror peek-a-boo
Now, I am cribbing like a monkey at a zoo

I could play the guitar like no one did
But Dad sold it in the market for the highest bid
I now punch in the keyboard with the Boss in the loo
Ah! Dammit! I feel like a monkey at a zoo

I know not what went wrong along the way
It was MY life while others had a say
I wish there was a chance to UNDO
Grmm… I am cribbing like a monkey at a zoo..

Degrees and Pedigrees rule the roost
Why can’t hard work give talent a boost?
That would result in an awesome brew
But yes..now I am cribbing like a monkey at a zoo

God gifted us with the right to choose
Use it before you say - I lose!
To be a monkey and in the wild life new
Is better than being a monkey at the zoo!!

Build your own destiny rather being a monkey at the zoo …!!!

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment